Have you ever stressed about squeezing in a workout between your 8 a.m. and 10 a.m. classes? We usually convince ourselves that a half hour won’t be enough for a successful and fulfilling workout and crawl back into bed instead. Here’s where that bad habit changes: follow this thirty-minute workout guide and get toned in your in-between time.
Treadmill (TOTAL TIME: 10 MIN.)
- Set treadmill to 5.5-6.5. Start off with a light jog for approximately three minutes at whatever pace seems most comfortable.
- Set treadmill to 6.6-7.5. Bump up the speed to a running pace approximately four minutes.
- Set treadmill to 7.6-8.5. Continue to increase the speed for a final sprint for approximately 45 seconds.
- Set treadmill to 3.5. Cool down with a quick recovery walk to bring down your heart rate.
Rowing (total time: 6 min.)
Work your arms and legs with two 3-minute repetitions, 600 meters per rep.
Abs, Arms, and Butt (total time: 14 min.)
Tone your abs, arms and butt with two repetitions of the following circuits:
- 40 mountain climbers (2x)
- Begin in push-up plank position and bring each knee forward towards your nose, while switching off knees.
- 20 reverse crunches
- Place your hands behind you, with your legs in a general crunch position.
- For a more intense workout, cross your arms across your chest.
- Bring your knees towards your chest and back out again.
- 40 Russian twists with 6-8 pound medicine ball
- Remain in crunch position and hold a medicine ball straight in front of you.
- Quickly twist your torso to the left, then reverse it to the right and repeat.
- 20 Swimmers
- Begin in a push-up plank position and move each arm one at a time into forearm plank.
- Once in forearm plank, push back up into push-up position.
- 20 Squats with a medicine ball or weight
- Hold the medicine ball or weight directly in front of you and squat down and back up with your chest up and back straight while looking straight ahead.
- Do not allow your knees to move past your toes.
- 1 minute forearm plank
- Maintain a neutral spine.
This workout will target all of the major parts of your body: your legs, arms, butt, and thighs through cardio and strength training. The best part is... it’s quick and easy! In just thirty minutes, you will leave the gym feeling refreshed for your day ahead.