Calling all Beyonce fans. Most of us have listened to (or watched) Beyonce’s new album “Lemonade” and it’s got us feeling some type of way. Aside from the fact that we're all starting to question Jay-Z, we are also strangely inspired, whether it be to stand up for ourselves as women, learn Beyonce’s killer dance moves, obtain her flawless (no pun intended) body and confidence, or maybe even just make lemonade.
With summer right around the corner, refreshing lemonade is certainly going to top our list of beverages to cool down with while we lay out by the pool. Here are some unique recipes that we're "crazy in love" with.
6 cups cubed seedless watermelon, chilled
4 cups cold water
3/4 cup fresh strained lemon juice, chilled
2/3 cup granulated sugar (more or less to taste)
Ice and fresh mint for serving
1. Add watermelon to a blender and pulse until well pureed (there should be about 4 cups). Pour through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl.
2. In a large pitcher whisk together water, lemon juice and sugar until sugar has dissolved. Stir in pureed watermelon. Stir in ice and mint (alternately add ice and mint directly to individual cups and pour lemonade over).
3. Store in refrigerator.
4 cups canned coconut water
5 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
3 calamansi lime, extract the juice, optional
3 tablespoons sugar or agave nectar
2 lemons, sliced
2 cups ice
Mint leaves, for garnishing
1. Slice the lemon into pieces, set aside.
2. In a pitcher, combine the coconut water, lemon juice, calamansi lime juice and sugar together.
3. Stir to mix well. Add the sliced lemons and ice into the pitcher.
4. Pour the lemonade into glasses and garnish with mint leaves.
Juice of 1 lemon
1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
Tiny dash of black pepper (needed in order to absorb the turmeric!)
2 drops lemon essential oil (optional)
1 tablespoon pure maple syrup (or agave nectar)
3 cups filtered water
Handful of ice
1. Add all ingredients to a large mason jar and stir, until well combined.
1 medium sized cucumber, peeled or unpeeled (See notes)
Juice of 4 lemons
1/3 cup granulated sugar (You can also use agave/honey)
3 cups cold water
Ice, to serve
1. Cut cucumber into smaller chunks and blend this with 1 cup of water. You can also use a juicer to extract the juice.
2. If using a blender, place a fine-mesh strainer over a jug and pour the cucumber juice through it. Discard the pulp.
3. In the jug, add lemon juice, sugar and water.
4. Give it a good stir and let it sit in the fridge to chill. The sugar would gradually melt on its own.
5. Add more water or sugar if required.
6. Serve over ice.