Summer is a time for long days at the beach, darties, fun vacations and BBQ's. Whether it's a beer by the pool or a margarita while watching the sun go down, the sugar and carbs in your drink of choice probably aren’t doing your bikini bod any favors. Here at THE SWEAT SCENE, we're all about balance and believe that you can have it all. We've crafted four delicious summer cocktails that’ll keep you buzzed and beach-ready. Drink up!
1.5 ounces white rum
1/2 cup sprite zero
8 fresh basil leaves
10 fresh mint leaves
1 stick sugar cane
1. Place basil, mint and 1/2 lime into the bottom of a glass. Use a muddler to crush the basil, mint and lime.
2. Add ice, rum and sprite zero (or seltzer) to the mixture.
3. Add agave syrup to taste.
4. Garnish with remaining 1/4 lime and stick of sugar cane.
Ginger Moscow Mule
1.5 ounces Titos vodka
1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
1/2 cup diet ginger ale
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon crystallized ginger
1. Dice crystallized ginger. Combine with water and pour into ice tray, creating three cubes.
2. Freeze overnight.
3. Combine vodka, lime juice and ginger ale into a copper mug.
4. Add ginger ice cubes.
5. Garnish with lime wedge.
3 ounces Jose Cuervo Silver Tequila
2 ounces fresh pineapple juice
2 ounces fresh lime juice
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. Combine tequila, pineapple juice, and lime juice into a glass.
2. Add cayenne pepper; stir.
3. Add agave to taste.
4. Garnish with pineapple wedge.
Serving: 1 pitcher
4.5 ounces Calvados (or any apple brandy)
1 bottle Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc
1 cup flavored seltzer
3 tablespoons agave syrup
2 peaches, sliced
1 cup fresh pineapple, sliced
1 lemon, sliced
1 pint raspberries
1 pint blueberries
1. Combine peaches, pineapple, lemon, raspberries, blueberries, agave, Calvados and white wine in a large pitcher.
2. Cover and chill for several hours.
3. Add flavored seltzer and additional agave to taste.