It's hard to be healthy in college. We can buy as many vegetables and stock up the fridge with healthy alternatives, but before you know it the spinach goes bad, the milk gets sour, and all you have is a dirty fridge that you didn’t get any use out of. My solution? Smoothies! I use ingredients that can last a while, that I never get sick of eating, and most importantly that are cost effective. This recipe is one of the most delicious smoothies you can drink, freeze, and even make into an ice cream or thick smoothie bowl.
Chocolate Coffee Dream Smoothie
- 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 frozen banana
- 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder
- 1 tsp of almond or peanut butter
- 1 tsp of cacao powder
- Sprinkle unsweetened coconut flakes (blend in or add after)
- 1 tablespoon of chia/flax seeds
- Sprinkle cinnamon (blend in or add after)
- 1 cup of black coffee Blend
Depending on how thick you want it, add more or less. Put this smoothie in a to-go cup to bring it wherever you go! You can have it before, during, after class, or even at the gym. It is guilt free and filled with nutrients to keep you energized and feeling great throughout the day.